Pages

July 25, 2012

Summer Evenings



Two nights ago, i got home from work and looked around at all of the projects i needed to finish.  I looked at the zucchini relish waiting to be boiled and canned.  I noticed the baby blanket for a dear friend, waiting to have the binding sewn on....

I walked down to the garden to find green beans, zucchini, cucumbers and summer squash ready to be picked. 


I thought about my upcoming weekend away and all the packing and organizing i need to do.  So many tasks that i love, all needing my time & attention. 

I took a deep breath and just went forward.  I drove up the hill to the blueberry patch and picked all the berries i could find.  I came home and cooked a chicken stir fry and canned my zucchini relish, finishing at 9:30 pm. 



In these months, there is so, so much to do.  So much canning i want to get done before the winter ahead.  But i know i need to pace myself.  I need to truly soak up and enjoy my evenings before the work day ahead.  So that night i did.  I picked blueberries, had a lovely dinner with Jason on the front porch at 8pm and happily canned in my kitchen. 


These summer evenings are my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment