Pages

May 9, 2014

Come November


We're due at the end of the harvest season this year.  We can't wait to welcome our first baby into our family.
Being that i am now into my second trimester, i figured it was time to update the ol' blog.  We are so, so excited.  Everything has been very smooth with this pregnancy so far.  With only one scare at 8.5 weeks, we were thrilled to confirm we had a tiny baby growing with a very strong heartbeat.

At ten weeks we went in and met with our midwife and she found the heartbeat with the doppler this time, so we were able to hear it.  It was beating nice and strong at 180 bpm.  That was probably the most meaningful moment of our life.  I can't even imagine when we actually meet our baby.

I'm now just about 15 weeks, and still in amazement that a tiny little human is wiggling around inside me.  I had a pretty typical (from what I've heard) first trimester.  I basically wanted to sleep all.day.long.  I was a bit queasy at times.  I didn't have morning sickness, but more frequently had night sickness.  Thankfully never actually throwing up.  I am a pretty healthy eater for the most part, but that first trimester sure does take over everything!  I ended up loosing a pound during the first 12 weeks.  Then at my appointment today I found out that I finally gained 1.5 pounds!  The midwife said that is totally normal and not to worry, that the weight gain will come.

Here are some pictures i took during the first 14 weeks.  But mostly?  I slept.  A lot.

six weeks - crazy bloat!

8.5 weeks

9.5 weeks

11 weeks - starting to get some energy back!

And most recent - 13.5 weeks!  My stomach is definitely feeling hard these days!


I started a scrap quilt for the babe, i have the top finished now, just have to quilt it up!

Positive test (must to our surprise!) on 2/23!!

The only thing that tasted good.  French fries and anything with cheese.  Especially bagels and cream cheese!  Yum.  OJ was also a need every morning.

And these…..whatever is in them was like a miracle drug!

Our house now has baby things gathering in all the corners.  I love it!
I really enjoyed reading the birth stories in Ina May's book.

Only ultrasound so far, at 8.5 weeks.  We saw the heart beating on the screen, and a little nugget moving it's arms & legs.  Totally amazing!



Some burp cloths in the works.

I already have so many cute Zutano outfits.  It's going to be ridiculous.  

And a few pairs of hand-me-down baby carhartts.  
And stripes.  
My child is going to be covered in stripes.  I'm pretty sure there is nothing cuter on a baby.

Some pictures of our baby with our other baby - the evaporator!  

I think this was around 8-9 weeks?  I was barely functioning.





Ever since i hit about 14 weeks, my extreme cravings for french fries and grease went away and now all i want are salads and fresh fruit.  I guess it's time to balance out.  I went to the doctors today for a checkup.  The heartbeat was nice & strong at 160 bpm.  Such an amazing thing to hear.





We're still nervous but staying positive that our little one is strong and healthy.  

Being a mama has been my dream since i could walk.  I just can't wait.  I feel so, so grateful that we were able to conceive again so easily (and quickly) and that everything is going well.

I scheduled our 20 week ultrasound for 6/13, which is Jason's birthday.  
What a great birthday that will be!

3 comments:

  1. yay! I've been waiting for this post with all the details since you posted it on fb! And I had been waiting and hoping for you for that announcement for you too - so so so glad that everything is going smoothly! The sickness in the first trimester is crappy, but now you are past it and can enjoy the middle trimester! Will you find out boy or girl at 20 weeks, or wait until delivery? Wishing you a healthy and happy rest of the pregnancy! big hugs to you and the little one in your tummy!! Charlie will be a great big brother - make sure to get lots of cute pics of the baby and him - they are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Katy!! We haven't decided for sure yet whether we're going to find out or not, i think we will, but we shall see! Oh my goodness, you know i'm going to have WAY to many pictures of this baby and charlie. I can't wait. I think he will be jealous at first, then protective :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, somehow I missed this update until now! I loved reading all the details and I am so glad you are taking so many belly pics. You look so beautiful Bethany! Glad you are feeling good and I am excited to read your updates!

    ReplyDelete